Rebranding is a marketing strategy in which a new expression is created for an existing brand with the intention of developing a new image in the minds of stakeholders, such as customers, suppliers, investors and employees. In most cases this includes radical changes to a brand's logo, naming, visual design, marketing strategy, and advertising campaign. During a rebranding the strategy is to intentionally reposition a brand and possibly to distance itself from existing negative connotations.
Rebranding often is needed when two or more organisations decide to merge. Also when a company decides to change markets, embraces a new technology, or intentionally wishes to attract new or different customers.
Rebranding is a high risk emotional intervention for the people concerned. In case an organisation decides to rebrand for sound strategic reasons, it is advisable to follow a conscious and structured process.
BR-ND follows a rebranding process which includes all of these four steps.
1. Decision Phase
- Committed leadership
- Clear fact based rationale
- Long-term vision
2. Development Phase
- Sound research
- Inventory of all brand carriers
- Visual & verbal design scenarios
- Strategic choices
- Critical evaluation
- Legal checks
3. Implementation Phase
- Accomodate internal sentiments
- Physical/digital rebranding
- Communicate the change
- Precise planning
- Sufficient budget
4. Post-Rebranding Phase
- Evaluate / research
- Activate & load new brand
BR-ND has experience with full rebranding operations for clients such as:
- Merger St Antonius Ziekenhuis and Mesos
- Relocation Bernhoven Ziekenhuis from Veghel and Oss to Uden
- Merger of De Telefoongids and GoudenGids
- Rebranding of KUONI to TenzingTravel
For more clients we have supported with rebranding and brand development click here.